Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Full Plate (Set)

I've missed seeing the pop of color that the irises gave the front bed.


I planted bags and bags of zinnias and cosmos there recently, and edged the bed with 15 geranium plants (only $1 each from the clearance bin at Lowe's!).


They are slowly starting to come up, but for now, green is our predominant color.  All the bushes have little green berries now.


New moss is 'sprouting.'


There are these tiny white flowers on one of our bushes:


There's a tree growing in the woods here that has beautiful cascading white flowers.  The smell is a little strong, but I've been bringing in branches to make bouquets.






I've got my usual company when working outside.  Clotilde can sometimes be found napping nearby.



We have a new little visitor that I've been calling Vance, but then I remembered Vance Refrigeration from The Office, and so it's back to the drawing board.  He's a very shy little boy.


Bosewichte gets agitated by the visitors and tries to keep an eye on things from the inside.


I've tried to leash train him recently, thinking that he'd enjoy being outside.  However, that didn't exactly go as planned.


Tabitha hasn't shown much of an interest in getting outside.  This is what she prefers:


The weather has been so nice that Todd and I have taken our Scrabble games down to the pond.


We've got the deck furniture out now, too.


That was a great yard sale find.  Speaking of yard sales, I found a killer one this weekend.  Loads of rubber stamps, inks, paper punches, embellishments, ribbons, stickers...stacks and stacks of plain construction paper and specialty paper...a gigantic Creative Memories scrapbook tote, complete with 2 new scrapbooks...all for $50!!!


It was an amazing deal!  The value was well over $1000.

The thrifting love continued today, when I found a set of hand-painted plates for $4 at Goodwill.  Seven supper plates and three saucers with a zinnia border.  Zinnias are one of my favorite flowers.  I normally don't like flowered dishes, but I think these are so charming.  I might track down the missing saucer and plate on eBay to make a full set. 


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment