Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Trip the Light Fantastic

Sunlight hitting the leaves in our yard this time of year is SO beautiful.


We've had a lot of cloudy days too, and the trees look just as beautiful to me.  Every day I think, "This is it.  They've peaked.  They cannot possibly be any more colorful."  But somehow, they are.


The front of our house looks the same in all seasons, because of the evergreen plants surrounding the front door...


...but taking a step in any direction is pretty festive!  I just love this time of year.

Bosewichte is in full hibernation mode.  This is where he spends most of his time:


Tabitha is always on the move, though.  Checking things out...


...or finding a way to insert herself into the middle of my work, inch by inch.


Yawn and stretch.  What, I'm not supposed to be on the vintage fabric?  Who, me?
 

We did have some news this week and shed many tears over it.  Someone trapped and killed our little beaver family:  Agnes, Augustus, Pepita, and Pepito.  We talked about some of their funny exploits and said a prayer that they didn't suffer too much.  In memoriam:


To end on a positive note, I'm passing along the recipe for THE BEST APPLE CRISP EVER.  I've tried several recipes and this is, by far, the best.  Let me qualify that by saying that I didn't actually eat any, because I'm still no sugar, but it smelled amazing (I have a very discerning nose), cooked well (apples sufficiently soft), and Todd raved about it and told me: best ever.  I modified it slightly by adding some nutmeg to both the crumb and the apple filling, and I zested half a lemon into the filling as well.  Give it a try!


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment